Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fluids.

I took Eli shopping last week. To clothing stores. And now I remember why I don't like to take Eli shopping. It's not enjoyable or relaxing at this stage, he's squirmy and rightfully curious about everything. 

Plus he has had some, um, loose stools as of late. I got that remedied in the back seat of the car, thankfully no poop touched anything, but before I could get a new diaper on he decided to giggle and pee. And pee some more. And some more. With constant laughing. Apparently watching his urine hit the back seat was pure delight for him.

Seriously, boy parts cause boy humor.

I'm only blogging about this so I don't forget. And maybe I'll share this when he's sixteen to some girl that's being flirty with him.

So I had to de-clothe him and stick him in his car seat. Then I realized I forgot my much-loved new water bottle in the store. Palm-to-forehead. I couldn't bring my diaper-only kid into the store to retrieve it. So I called them, they found it and I southernly-nicely asked a random gentlemen in the parking lot to run in and get it for me. He was helping an old lady (his grandma?) carry her purse so I figured he'd be nice to me, too. Thank you random stranger for the help!

The water bottle? Def worth finding. It's a sippy cup for adults. It totally is. You bite on it to get the water out. But you don't have to tip your head back. I drink more water with this thing. The Camelbak is quite the fad these days (Greg says all the women at the fitness center have them) and now I see why. The only down side is Eli figured it out and now he feels like it's his giant sippy cup. I may have to get him one.

You might want one of these.
Once home I cleaned our back seat of the aforementioned urine and I must say, having great cleaning products makes any spills and messes and bodily fluids much less stressful. I don't really bat an eye when our friend's kids spit up crazy amounts all over (seriously, it's happened twice). I don't freak out when our furniture or carpet is bombarded with grossness because I know I can get it out. This is my plug for Norwex. Even if I didn't sell the stuff, I would still use it because it's so darn easy, it works wonders, using no chemicals. I honestly can't imagine what parents do without an enviro cloth handy to clean up spills. If you don't have one or have no idea what I'm talking about, please talk to me. Especially if you are type A and tend to freak out at messes. Like me. See how much Norwex has changed me?

I'll end with our last Sunday afternoon post-nap kid. We were exhausted as a family and Eli woke up early from his nap. I brought him out to the couch and we all fell asleep to football on TV. Eli woke up the second time really disorientated and it looked like he had a really rough night... you know, the what-did-I-do-last-night look. His hair was all disheveled, his shirt half-buttoned, pants falling down, couldn't walk straight. I, of course, took a photo but it doesn't quite do the moment justice. Greg and I were crying laughing.


Wow.

Okay, that's mean parenting. I'll really end with some much more adorable photos of our biggest blessing.



-Heather

3 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

Love it :-)

Katie said...

those camelback "adult sippy cups" are the only way i can easily drink enough water in the day! love them....something about the straw and biting on it....ok, that sounded creepy, but you get it. they are fairly leak proof too, although the major exception is when you fill it with cold water and proceed to leave it in your bag in 100 degree heat. also, i love the picture of eli all disheveled...so cute, so precious, so REAL LIFE. lastly, you're going to have to fill me in on norwex sometime.

Kim said...

They do make those water bottles in kid sizes and designs-Evan has one with robots riding bicycles, he loves it!