Friday, October 26, 2012

My Nest.

My friend Sarah knows this person that owns an etsy shop. Melody is crafty and organic and she has a blog that I found myself looking at awhile back. You know... the click on a link of a friend of a friend and then you wonder thirty minutes later how you got there. I checked her blog sporadically and then I actually saw her at the zoo a few months ago (so weird to see someone you've never met but via their blog, you know of them). I introduced myself as Sarah's friend (more actually as a blog stalker).

I had told some people about her etsy shop before. You see, she makes these beautiful nest necklaces. Nests with little bead eggs. First off, they are trendy. But much more importantly, they can represent babies. Your children. Alive... or not. Full term... or not. A woman can wear one and she's the mama bird and her little nest can represent her baby chicks.

It almost makes me want to have like six kids to have a really big, full nest necklace with lots of colors.

Anywho, when I met Melody briefly at the zoo, I told her about Maelee and encouraged her to keep doing what she's doing. Us baby loss moms need beautiful things to adorn our necks and to keep our children not with us close. We need something tangible to represent our children. Even if no one else knows what it means, we do. We can be out and about grocery shopping and know this jewelry tells a story. Even if no one else sees it, we know.

Melody was so gracious and offered to send me a necklace. It wasn't until Sarah saw her later and Melody mentioned it to her that I decided to take her up on it. I do wear my Maelee necklace an awful lot and I thought it would be nice to have something that represented our first ectopic baby and Eli, too.


Love.

Sidenote: I really do have freckles. Close up no editing. Yikes. I'll update a better photo, a more instagramy one soon.

Admittedly I didn't think I could pull it off... me, minimal jewelry, unstylish me. But I do love it and I am probably going to wear it out.

I have mentioned before that jewelry is a great gift for baby loss moms. But really, it's good for any mom! Melody is offering a sweet sale, a B1G1 sale (buy one get one free) on nest jewelry until October 31, in her etsy shop. So REALLY, friends, you should take advantage of this! She's doing it in honor of pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. You can buy one piece for you, then the free one can be a gift certificate to give to a baby loss mom, or anyone!

Here's is her blog post about this special with instructions on how to redeem the offer and here for more details. So glad for people that try for a moment to put themselves in our shoes and to figure out a way to honor our babies and bless us. Having people remember our babies truly is a need in our hearts.

Thanks Melody!

-Heather

Don't delay if you want to order one... you only have until the 31st for the B1G1 special and then her shop's on vacation since she is having a baby! I also found out she will update a nest with a new "egg" for $5 so you can buy one for someone who is not done having babies (which was my hesitation before).

1 comment:

banjo bandida said...

Beautiful...both the your blog and the necklace.