Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Woofer.

I think I have posted about Eli's doggie guitar before. This sweet toy that Uncle Chris bought Eli last May. It's a guitar. Shaped like a dog. And has a howl setting so you hear different pitches of a bark. And it plays songs that are funny... like the song about the dog and all the things he ate and the line "I wonder how it'll all pass through." Hilarious. And it has a stop button. And a good volume button. Really quite a well-thought out super toy.

In the fall we started to put away some of Eli's toys for awhile so he would have the enjoyment of playing with a "new" toy when we brought it out again. The doggie guitar had it's turn in the no-play pile for awhile before Christmas. Partly because I thought it needed batteries and I was too lazy to change them. When we returned, I asked Greg to work on the needing-batteries toys. When he added new ones to the doggie guitar, it didn't change the weird sounds coming out of it. So something was wrong with it, very wrong. It would go "aduh aduh aduh" over and over and over again. No music. No songs. It was like it had some sort of short in it or something.

We were all quite bummed. The next day I thought I should e-mail them and see if they had heard about this happening before and if they had any tricks to get it working again. Greg is pretty electrically minded so he thought he could open it up and see if there was something to fix. Nope.

Well the next day I get an email back saying "Hi Heather, We can certainly send you a new Woofer free of charge..." What?! Really? And sure enough it showed up at our door tonight. And my-oh-my we had one happy boy! So entertained with this thing.

Now I will add that I am not one of those "complain to get what you want" from people or companies (minus airlines). I mean I grew up with a dad that would NEVER send a meal back at a restaurant even if it was raw and cold and full of hair. Just sayin'.

I already love this company and all the toys they make (I would buy Every.Single.One if I had loads of money and was way into over-indulging my son). The only toy I don't love is the cat piano... it's not that awesome. They have super funny kids quotes in all their packaging... little pamphlets of adorable kid quotes, what a great idea. Plus great graphics. We have a good bit of solid toys from B.toys and I encourage you to buy from them. They sell them at Target, Barnes and Noble, Amazon and elsewhere. Here's their web site: http://justb-byou.com/

I love seeing a great company do things well. It makes me happy.

-Heather

Oh and here's an Instagram link to the photo of Eli rockin' his new guitar tonight after bath: http://instagr.am/p/VFnq2uNNBX/

No comments: