Monday, April 29, 2013

Half There.

I wrote most of the below detailed post about Eli last Friday. I wanted Greg to read it before posting it on his birthday Saturday. Around 2am Friday while Eli was crying next to me in my bed, I actually laughed out loud because I recalled writing "I love Eli's sleeping right now." He had a HORRIBLE pre-birthday night.

Midnight rolled around (so technically his birthday) and he ended up in the bed with me with Greg then on the couch. We assumed he was some sort of sick. I figured one of three things:  his friend he was with earlier that week had just come down with some stomach bug that night (his mom texted me to say they wouldn't be coming to the party), or Eli was allergic to the dog/cats at the house he spent three hours at earlier that day, or it was indigestion from the fact he ate basically just chick-fil-a nuggets for supper (parenting fail). He kept moaning or whining every twenty minutes or so and his stomach was making crazy noises. Around 1am, I got towels all around him in case he threw up. I figured the party was cancelled and all the prep was for not. But after 2am rolls around and (gratefully) still no puke (and me awake concerned this whole time) plus no fever or any other symptoms, I thought it's just allergies. I think I eventually fell asleep around 3am for maybe few hours. Then Eli was up screaming while Greg and I sat there flabbergasted, even tried giving him medicine but he would have nothing. Calmed him down, back to sleep. Then he was up at 6:30am and kept asking for breakfast... which he got and had normally with no recollection that he'd just had the weirdest night ever.

We decided if breakfast went normally then the party would go on, assuming he wasn't sick. Minus a slight runny nose and him being a little extra crabby, he was completely fine so we did not cancel. We made that decision at like 9:30am while I was still in my pajamas. I had loads to do before 11:30am rolled around and the party started. So I had to "let go" some of my last minute plans and ideas for the party and what I was going to accomplish.

And the party came and went. It was fun but I am terribly bummed that I was so so very tired! I forgot what it was like to run on little sleep. Plus being pregnant... oh man, I was only half there. So all the hours of planning... and then to not get to fully enjoy it, ah, that is a bit of a bummer. There were some lessons learned for me in all this for sure. Saturday night I slept ten hours and woke up Sunday feeling like a new person. What a difference a good, full night sleep makes!

Why am I blogging about this? Well, partly to be open and real and show you that although the party was cute and fun... I was too tired to really enjoy it! I also was pretty crabby that morning, trying to decide what needed to get done and what I needed to just not do. Poor Greg. At one point later that afternoon he asked (while under a mountain of dishes) "Um, are we going to do a party like this every year?" I tried justifying it all, saying "well this was (hopefully) the last party Eli will have without his little sibling here" but he knows me too well. I just really like planning parties and I really like celebrating my kids!

This is what happens when you are way short.
Also I broke out a maternity shirt for the first time this pregnancy. 
He's pretty cute, eh?
Getting his own big cupcake!
All party details coming soon!

-Heather

No comments: