Thursday, April 4, 2013

Strawberries.

Trying to make this week honoring to Maelee's memory, missing her with others, and also make it special, even fun, for Eli. I just want that to be the tradition for her week in our lives. So yesterday, since we live in such a wonderful place with weather so beautiful this time of year, Eli and I went strawberry picking. Besides that cute strawberry hat and hopeful Halloween costume, I think it's just the red factor that makes strawberries a fitting Maelee tribute.

It was beautiful and enjoyable with perfect not-too-hot weather. Eli did well, didn't pick berries unnecessarily or stomp on more than one plant. We also got crazy muddy which is perfect boy fun I suppose. 

He picked this one all by himself!
Mama and son.

He loved running down the isles.
He's counting them here.
Our Instagram memory pic.
And later I came home to find our boy snuggling up with Maelee's pillow my Aunt Bonnie made. Made me smile and sad all at the same time.

And just so it's said out loud, I am so overflowing, completely, smashingly, giddily, perplexedly, gratefully, happily filled with joy because we get to have Eli. I don't want anyone to think we aren't enjoying Eli because we are consumed with our loss for Maelee. It's the opposite. We love this boy and are speechless about the gift he is to us everyday.

-Heather

No comments: