Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beyond 30.

Birthdays were way more fun when you got to have your friends over for a backyard party with the slip-in-slide and kiddie pool and races around the apple trees. And yummy food mom made. 

Sigh. Those were the days.

My day was still nice. But not I-just-turned-seven nice.

I woke up to my baby girl moving (my absolute favorite!) and my husband going to take care of my boy so I could sleep more (okay, he does this most every day regardless if it's my birthday!). 

Eli has been at camp this week. 9 to Noon for three days. A baby loss friend of mine is in charge of it, at a local gymnastics cheer place. When she advertised it awhile back, I noticed the dates and thought "that would be a nice birthday present for me!" Three mornings to myself! Plus Eli gets to interact with other kiddos without mama around, a very good experience for him. He's been doing great which is awesome!

My plan was to come home and have some me-time while I ate a muffin from Dunkin Donuts. But when I got home with my muffin today, it was hard as a rock. Birthday breakfast FAIL! But my friend Cindy happened to stop by to bring me a skor bar (yum! a fav!) and offered to go exchange it for me. Friend WIN! So I did get to sit and read and compute in complete silence while eating a muffin like planned. Oh yeah!

The other bummer of my day is this stupid cold I've had for five days. It's not bad, just annoying most especially at night. Sadly, Greg woke up this morning with an itchy throat. Uh-oh. It's not bad, but still. Sickness should leave your vicinity on birthdays. It just should.

My boys gifted me with certificate for a prenatal massage (oh that's so happening one hot day in August when I feel like a hippo). And I got lovely cards and messages and gifts from family and friends. I am grateful to be loved so.

Greg had some meetings that lasted 'til 7 so Eli and I went shopping. Eli was in a great, silly mood most of the day, which was a gift in itself! See:


That could have been due to the fact he got a sucker earlier in the day AND I let him hold the thing (he's never gotten full-reign on a sucker before). 


-another year older Heather

No comments: