Saturday, June 22, 2013

Third Time Naming.

We have only talked about names for this dear baby girl a handful of times. I think about it often though. Yet no decision has been made. Not even close.

Not surprised? You may recall me bemoaning about all my requirements for a name back in the day when we were figuring out what to name Maelee. We didn't decide until we knew she was gone and I was in labor. But it was perfect for her and for the situation.

With Eli, it was a gift that Greg thought of the name, we loved the meaning and there was so much confirmation because of how his name was found in Maelee's name. It just was so fitting.

I want the same thing to happen with this girl. The same confirmation. The same ah ha! moment where we just know. But so far, that hasn't happened.

Part of it is due to wanting to honor Maelee in the name. I figured out I can't have "Maelee Linn" be this girl's middle name. I just can't. Our niece born five months after Maelee is Ava Maelee Linn and I love that. But her last name is not Kasowski. I just don't think I can have Maelee's whole, complete, full name in this girl's name. Maelee Linn Kasowski. Let's say we name this girl Sally. Sally Maelee Linn Kasowski. I can't do it. I can't have all of Maelee's name there. Is that odd?

My sweet husband looked at me and said "that's okay" when I was processing all this. He also voiced my desire to have a little girl with the middle name Linn. He knows.We could just do "Maelee" or "Mae" and no Linn. But there's a big part of me that wants that little girl with my middle name, for the heritage that goes with it, for all that it means, Maelee included. I love love love love love the name Maelee. Love it. More than Linn, really. But I don't think I want that for this girl's middle name (but cousins? most definitely!).

So you know what that means? This little girl will most likely have the middle name "Linn". Just like me. And Maelee. And my mom and sister and nieces.

But that leaves the more important and much used first name still unknown!

We have a few ideas. We still have our list from when we were pregnant with Maelee, though I'm unsure about using those. I haven't spent hours looking or researching or googling. Yet. Perhaps you have the perfect name for our dear girl, eh? An idea for us, a name that seems fitting. Perhaps one that reminds you of Maelee or uses part of her name. Perhaps a name that has a super awesome meaning. Send your suggestions our way (email, text, comment) and we may just add your thoughts to our list!

-Heather

1 comment:

lissare14 said...

What about a version of Emaleigh, such as Emalee Linn? I am unsure the meaning of the name.