Monday, December 2, 2013

Ice Ice Baby.

This weather is something else. This morning everything had a sheet of ice on it. When I went out to the garbage, I slid the whole way. I needed ice skates! I really don't remember this extreme ice-so-thick-you-can't-even-scrape-it. Too bad Annalee's appointment was today so I had to cart my two kids out in this.

(Insert photo of my iced van. Photo to follow. And update on Annalee's appointment as well.)

While in the waiting room I came up with a plethora of would-be status updates. I started typing them to pass time and feel better. I'll share:

I like ice skating as much as the next guy, but this is taking it too far, Bismarck. 

Nothing like "welcome back to driving in ND" like this giant city-size rink. 

Today I really WANT to drive a zamboni. 

No room in the garage means my minivan was an giant white icee this morning. 

And THAT is why I need new boots, dear husband. Ones that are made of snow tires. 

Huge vehicles. I get that now. 

When you can't walk out the front door without extreme caution, you might be in North Dakota. 

Attention hip doctors: old people need you today. 

My few years hanging out in a curling rink have finally paid off. #whereismyslider #justpretendiamsweeping
---

So as I'm writing this last one-liner, still grumbling about why we moved back to this dangerous tundra, in walks this chic:



Seriously?? In THIS weather? Those heels! How the heck can she manage the ice carrying her baby in car seat plus a big (albeit cute) Coach diaper bag?! I felt like a big 'ol unstylish wuss. 

I don't know how you do it, lady, but kudos. I will try harder. 

-Heather

1 comment:

Let Love Grow said...

:-) I like that outfit too!! :-)