Friday, November 29, 2013

Everybody's Smiling.

Our daughter has finally slept at night. Meaning we have finally slept at night. It was a rough go there for a long while. But she finally went longer than a three-hour stretch in the nighttime and she was finally able to settle, not fuss, and go back to sleep after eating. And the choir of angels sang.

I have hesitated saying anything because it's possible this is just a fluke. But she went from up often to very decent the last three nights. Here's to hoping this is the new leaf we have wanted to turn over. Not sure the reason but we swaddled her again (we tried that last month with no success) but now that seems to be the trick. And by swaddle I mean baby-approved straight jacket.

We also are back on the reflux meds, higher dosage. All her symptoms really point to reflux. The last few days she seems to be doing better so let's hope that's working in her little insides.

I am back on dairy as of the last few days as well. That did not seem to change her demeanor or issues and I was really, really missing chocolate and butter and cheese and milk with my cereal. It was really good for losing weight. However the last few days I think I gained all that back. Nom Nom.  Munch Munch.

Getting her lip-tie fixed has been a bit of a hassle. The lactation consultant last week confirmed it, referred us to an ENT. He was booked solid this week. I called our family practice doctor, talked to the nurse who called and said this peditratician's office could do it the next day. We went to that appointment and the pediatrician said they didn't do lip-ties and called in another pediatrician who was a jerk. I won't go into those details. They referred me to a plastic surgeon. I cancelled that appointment and called the initial ENT's office and begged and they got us in on Monday. The ideal is we will get her lip-tie fixed and she will be able to nurse without me having pain. Fingers crossed for Monday.

But for now, rejoice with us in the fact Annalee has slept well at night and has started to smile more and scream less! The smiles are often for Daddy, her favorite, but occasionally I'll get a few. And soon I will capture a great gummy one where her eyes light up... for now, here's a tongue-filled smile for you:

Hi y'all.
-Heather

PS - thanks for the cute outfit, Courtney!

2 comments:

Dori said...

Good news for all! Love her Annalee-unique smile, and still love that hair! Will pray all goes well on Monday.

lissare14 said...

Hooray!! We have had wonderful experiences with both an ENT and a plastic surgeon for Averi in Bismarck. If you need names just message me:) We will pray for a quick procedure and that life will continue to be mainly smiles!