Friday, February 28, 2014

New Horizon.

Since we packed up and left South Carolina last July, I feel like we've been in a bit of a wilderness time of life. Not that we haven't been abundantly blessed (hello Annalee) but it has been a hard season. Not near as hard as losing Maelee, but we have learned circumstances in life can surely affect how life feels day-to-day. Of course we are alive and healthy with a host of good things. Yet at the same time, I'm pretty sure I've consumed more chocolate in this last year than my whole life combined (it is cheaper than an anti-depressant I suppose!).

Gratefully, however, I feel like we about to walk away from this type of wilderness and move on to some different scenery for awhile. Reasons?

  1. I was offered (and accepted) that part-time job I applied for awhile back! I'm very excited! The job seems to be a great fit. I'll post more on that once I'm into it. One perk is I don't have to start until we find childcare for Eli and Annalee. Such a blessing to have time for this! It's going to be hard to find quality care and part-time (it looks like I'll work two days a week one week, then three days the next week - to equal 40 hours every two weeks). Please pray and let us know if you have any connections/leads for us! I'm hoping to start March 31 but can start later if need be... the job is flexible. What a gift! My boss is actually the mom of one of the students I advised back in my UND days. And she's a big proponent of a positive workplace atmosphere. How lovely!
  2. Our SC house is still slated to close on the 14th of March. Oh that it would all go smoothly!
  3. We are now getting to the point we can buy a home here! And in 30 minutes, we are going for the first time to look at houses! Prices here are insane (groan) but we are hopeful. Greg's parents have been more than gracious but we are all ready! Oh I am so excited to organize and have our own space again. Plus I think I only have like three pairs of shoes not in storage. And maybe two pairs of non-jeans. Going to be hard to be professional Heather without my pants! Here's to hoping we find a place that works for us and that I'm not sucked into thinking perfect house = perfect life.
  4. Pumping is going to be ending in the next month or so. Yay! Our plan was to start transitioning A so I'm not pumping when we go to SC April 15 (that trip is still on even with the job - booyah!). The last two days I pumped one time less and that extra time was so wonderful! Hoping Annalee transitions well to formula and to me not feeling guilty about it.
  5. Weather. It's SO very, very cold right now. But in one month or two, it will be nice. It will be nice. It will be nice. 
  6. Annalee has been waking up three times a night and Eli once. Uffda. But that can't last. She will get better at this schedule thing as we ourselves get more scheduled with wake-up times (to get to work). Well, I'm hoping at least.
  7. We are decently settled on a church and will be getting more involved as we make that commitment. 
  8. We have a few quick trips and big trips planned! Life just always seems brighter when you have an event to look forward to!
That's just a bit of what we have going on right now. Thanks for sticking with us through this tough spot. I can't wait to share life as we knock off a few more big steps in the next months.

-Heather

1 comment:

Jill K said...

Yipee you!!!!! Praise the Lord for this job for you! Sounds so super cool and flexible and happily part-time…. yea! I'll be excited to hear what you'll be doing! Congrats dear! That should help with your house hunting craziness too…. What a cheer for you all!
love to all of you!