Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tunka.

Our talkative boy says some pretty hilarious things each day. I take it for granted that he talks as much as he does. I remember when he was a baby and didn't say a darn thing and I was just looking forward to the day when he could tell me how he was feeling or what he was thinking. Now we can have conversations!

It should be noted, however, that he is now into making up words and talking goobily-gook. No pointing fingers but I'm saying this is his Daddy's influence. They read Mercer Mayer books often (they have been a consistent favorite) and one in particular has Little Critter's friend with no name. Well Eli named him Stucko. If you ask him to name a toy, he'll giggle and say "Tunka" or something silly like that. He thinks he's hilarious. And he is.

I love to hear him playing with his toys and narrating by himself. He just started doing this more frequently. Actually ever since Grandma brought out the bin of random men and cars and "played men" with him by giving them voices and making up stories. She also scared the crap out of him when she was "the bad guy" as he'd never encountered that before, but it was good for him... you can tell she knows all about interacting with little boys!

Other things Eli says these days:

1. At least a few times a day: "I want some something else." He doesn't quite get the "some" doesn't need to be said with something.

2. He still doesn't quite have his pronoun usage down: "Mama play stickers with you" or "Mama play trains with you" or "Daddy hold you". He's slowly starting to understand the "I'm me" and "you are you"... today he said "my pee" when I asked who's pee was on the bed.

3. "I want to sit on Annawee." giggle giggle

4. "I need some noise." When he wants me to turn the sound on my phone.

5. Back in October my parents taught him a long name in this fable story (I learned it when I was little). I couldn't believe it but he knows the whole thing and repeats it often. "Tikitikitimboinosorimboharrybarrybooskieskimopompombeanbinethebeanbinebollie" Yep, he knows that.

6. "What a beautiful day!" is still said often. #greatperspective

7. I started reading Jesus Loves Me but changing the me to Eli. He was quite taken back and declared "that's not how it goes!!"

8. After we got home from Eli being away from me for two hours, he said to me as we sat together on the couch: "mama, best friend". Then kissed and hugged me. It was the sweetest cutest moment. The kid needs to get out more, obviously. But I took a photo to cherish this time in life when I'm his biggest fan:

Happy Mom.

I've tried posting videos so you can hear him but it's just not working. So this photo montage will have to do!

Great Kid.
-Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That may be my favorite picture of you two EVER!! So sweet!