Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Drama Mama.

I am ready for some normalcy to come. I am ready to not have a long list of crazy filling my days. I yearn for settledness instead of drama!

Greg was sick. Praise God not terminally ill but just bad sick. Horrible timing as I had orientation Monday and Annalee's first day of daycare. Also ironic timing was a nasty blizzard Monday. I made it to 12:30 then my family needed me and the unknown storm added chaos... though to be honest forging through snow drifts in my mini-van was somewhat exciting. The rest of the day was tough, trying to manage the kids and sick daddy and prepare for the next day. I have no idea how single working moms do it. Unless they live with their mom-in-law like me... she's such a gift to us in this crazy. I just wish we didn't suck all her energy!

Sigh. Not a stellar first impression to leave orientation a half day early and then today to miss my first full day in the office. This morning I was showing symptoms of Greg's sickness plus a migraine. I really didn't want to give germs. Greg was all better, thankfully, and the kids were taken care of so I had most of the day to rest and finish laundry. I'm feeling better with my head still swirling a bit. I really think I just got a mild case of sick and a big case of exhaustion. Eli was up once and Annalee was up four times last night. Seriously this girl needs a schedule!! 

I am excited about my job with a solidly. great employer and flexible, understanding co-workers and boss. I did say I like to do monumental life things during snowstorms. Though I was sort of wondering if all this was showing me I shouldn't go back to work. This whole having a job and young kids is a new concept for us. Heck, just having a job again is a feat! I keep telling myself it's just part-time. 

Oh and our house is closing tomorrow. I hope this is true and I never have to say that again!

Allll this happening as we enter into Maelee's week. Gulp. Lord how we need your grace daily and this week is no exception. 

Hoping for gentleness to lead the remainder of this week. 

Instagram pics from yesterday and today:


-Heather

No comments: