Sunday, April 27, 2014

He's Three!

Three years ago right about now I was in labor with a hopeful heart, wanting so badly for things to go right this time and have a living baby. Praise God that happened and that our redemption boy is still alive and thriving!

He brings us joy and laughter mixed in with normal parental angst. We are grateful for God's grace as we attempt to parent him without screwing him up. We do think he is a stellar child and we adore him...probably too much. His personality is sure to delight you and I wish I could adequately describe his goofy, thoughtful, selfish, energetic, timid, hilarious character! 

His party today will not be in typical fashion due to a variety of things (more on that later). Case in point: Last fall I bought him a shirt that says "I'm 3!" to wear today. I put it in storage assuming there's no way we'd still be having our stuff in storage by now. Fail. 

But we will still gladly celebrate Eli Joseph! 

Instead of a planned, smiling adorable typical photo... I'll go with this one picking his nose, pants-less yesterday. Seems more fitting this year! 

I love you, Eli. You are my buddy-boo, my boy!

-Heather


1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is such a joy, Heather! I sure miss that sweet boy!