Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Six Month Cutie.

Hi y'all.

Half of a year. It has gone quickly. And slowly. I have felt sadness over 'second child' syndrome or whatever they call it. I do not have the time or energy like I did with Eli. I'm so sorry, sweet daughter, that I'm not making your baby food from
scratch or adhering to some eat, wake, sleep pattern or spending hours just watching you. We are still in a survival mode around here! But dear one, you are loved. 

Little Annalee is continuing to prove herself opposite from her brother. She is moving! Not officially crawling but starting to scoot. We will put her in the middle of the room and look away and bam! She's moved a few feet away. She also turns 360 pretty easily. All on her favored position, the tummy. Tonight she spent at least ten minutes banging a play piano while on her tummy. It's amazing to me that she's doing all this already and this last month has really been a changing one for her in how much she's able to move. 

She still likes her pacifier. Still only the nub hospital kind. I hope she grows out of that soon or she'll have teeth issues  perhaps. 

Speaking of teeth, none yet but a faint bump on her bottom makes me think they are a coming. 

She has had formula for the first time this week. I gave her mixed and she took it but other times fussed. I was concerned but our daycare lady said she's taking it just fine. I am still pumping four times a day so she's still getting my milk too. But that'll change soon.

She's been in daycare all last week and this week so far and is doing well! First days were rough but she smiles at the lady and her cousin (Alexia is there) so I know she's doing well. I sure am glad I'm only going back to work part time. 

She's eating foods too. I've tried and she won't swallow much of anything actually in her mouth but the daycare lady says she's doing fine with eating bananas and sweet potatoes. Annalee refused my avocado. So not her brother. 

At her appointment this week she is hilariously in the 15% for height (oh sorry sweetie) and 30% for weight and 56% for her head circumference. Annalee Linn is petite! Her feet STILL don't fit into the three-month shoes I have! Tiny!

I'm too tired to type more and pumping is ending. Just know we are loving having Annalee and her bright eyes, sweet smile, dramatic personality, big cheeks, thick thighs, and giggly gab in our lives!

 -Heather




No comments: