Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pneumonia.

Back to our ND crazy. Flying back was a little tougher. I was thrilled to get back to the boys but our flights were at the end of the day. That means screaming baby. Sorry United ORD passengers. Then I didn't get to bed until 12:30am and still had to drive Fargo to Bismarck this morning. Very tired. Came home to our boy who was sickly and not so full of energy. The smile he gave me when he saw me was priceless though!

After a few hours of seeing him not well (fever, high heart rate), I decided it was worth a trip to the walk-in clinic. I'm glad three hours were spent there because after a chest x-Ray we learned Eli has pneumonia. Not a bad case. But definitely a reason for his continual saying "I don't feel well." And "I want you to..."

Poor kid. I guess a week of day care was too much!?

But the whole time we were at the clinic, all I could think about was how cancer sucks and that cancer in kids sucks the most. 

Back in SC there is a sweet three and a half year old little girl who Tuesday was at the zoo with her mom, just a normal day and today had surgery and starts chemo. The mom saw Zoe had blood in her urine and that led to hours later finding out she has cancer. And stage four. Zoe is this mom's rainbow baby. They lost six sweet babies second trimester and a couple years later were shocked to be pregnant with Zoe. I met the mom just weeks after we lost Maelee, months before Zoe was born. She is one of those super sweet, strong women and her insight was always encouraging. I was so happy for them when Zoe was born (same day as our niece Ava). We bought "the beast" toy from them and though I hadn't seen them in years, was elated when they were blessed with another girl not that long ago.

So to hear they are facing yet another thing no one should ever have to go through, it breaks my heart. Please pray for Zoe. I'll link to their caring bridge site soon. Lord please let this rainbow baby live. 

All that makes Eli's pneumonia seem very small or at least manageable among our continued crazy life. Watching him get his chest x-rayed was nothing compared to my friend watching her daughter get CAT scans or wheeled into surgery or chemo. 

Makes me thankful for each day we get. 
He was so sweet at the doctor then  waiting at the pharmacy. Very thankful to be here to snuggle him. 

-Heather


1 comment:

Jill K said...

Uuuuug. Zoe. May the Lord be dearly trusted in in this sweet family as they journey this incredibly hard road…. And may he be sweetly magnified in comfort and healing for them….

We are praying for your little man too right now…. and for a home! Excited to hear!!!

Love from far far away!