Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fitting Centerpiece.

I was able to work all day Thursday and Friday. It was pretty great. I am excited about the position and what I'll be doing and who I'll be working with. But at the start of my first day, I was feeling super guilty about leaving Eli and Annalee. Super worst-mom-of-all-time guilt.

But then I walked into this luncheon that I was attending for work and lo and behold, tulips! Pink! All over! This week of all weeks! It was a very small but meaningful encouragement to me that it's going to be okay, that my going back to work part-time is not going to ruin Eli or Annalee. Then I even got to take the (fake) pink tulips back to my desk. How great is that!?



I have lots I'm processing in between the stress of our lives and I do hope to share some of that soon. The nice thing about this being crazy busy is no time to mope about what happened the worst day of our lives four years ago. Grateful for the time that has healed the sting and the grace God has given us in this journey. For sure.

I also have tried to get Annalee's six month photos taken all today but she is just not a happy camper (a cold, maybe teething, little fever) but when I do take them, I'll share more about her latest accomplishments (maybe not the right word, it's not like she's accomplished in violin or anything).

-Heather

No comments: