Sunday, February 6, 2011

10 Months.

Dear Maelee,

You are supposed to be here eating this baby food. I know because I saw a 10-month old this week enjoying some lovely organic green mush....and seeing that did something to my heart. I had to take all this out of our cupboards yesterday and look at the expiration dates. Unfortunately there are only two cans of green peas that won't be expired by the time your brother would be ready to eat them.

I wonder so many things. I wonder what kinds you would have liked and which ones you would have spit in our faces. I wonder if we would have used all the cute bibs we had for you. I wonder if you would prefer meal time over bath time. Would eating be easy or a struggle with you? Would you grow up to be like your mommy and be sort of picky or be better like your daddy and always be a member of the clean plate club?

We are thrilled about getting to find out how good of an eater your little brother is... beyond excited for that opportunity. But that doesn't take away how much we miss you and yearn for all that we are missing with you, dearest firstborn. You are our Maelee, our treasured daughter and our lives on earth will always be incomplete.

And that makes some days harder than others for us. That's okay. The Lord sustains us even in those dark moments. I am so happy to know and be certain that you are enjoying Him now and that He's enjoying you, too.

We love you dear one and ache for these last ten months of missed memories.

Love, your mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Greg, and that sweet baby boy. Maelee has a wonderful momma!

TheSpeights said...

This baby boy will know he has a fantastic mommy and daddy by all the wonderful things you've done and said for Maelee. I think about her often and wonder what she's doing in paradise.

If the food expires after your little man will be about 6 months or so, he should be able to eat stage 2 foods. Don't throw away anything you can hold on to! That stuff is pricey!

Sorry, my coupon money-saving ways just came out.

Love you four!
-Court

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I couldn't sleep last night. I cried and cried and cried thinking about Evan's first birthday coming up and what I'd like said at his party. Who would read it. How many people would show up to help us celebrate the first year of his life without us. It stings very much today not having him with us.

How's your little man doing?