Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Normal.

This is a word I was very happy to hear on a voice mail today.

I got the results back from our appointment yesterday. I had my glucose test and some blood work done. And while I was in the shower today, the office called and left me a message to say that everything came back normal.

Ah, what a beautiful word today. Normal.

And everything went normal at our appointment yesterday as well. We heard baby's heartbeat, he even kicked the little doppler machine while the nurse was listening to his heart rate. I got to ask the doctor my list of questions (yes, I have a big list every time I go in). He didn't make me feel like an idiot for asking weird questions and he didn't indulge my freak outs either. Perfect balance.

Sadly, we always brace ourselves for something bad when we head to the appointments and every time things go smoothly, there is a collective sigh and a smile on our faces as we leave the building. Along with a whole lot of praise welling up in our souls.

We are thankful for normal today.

And here's to a very smooth and speedy February!

-Heather

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Praising God for normal! We continue to pray so often for you.
Love,
Bill and Laurel

Let Love Grow said...

I love normal :-)

Dori said...

i love normal too!

Lauren said...

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord for His mighty blessings!
Josh and Lauren

Anonymous said...

You guys have been on my heart a lot this week! Glad to hear things are normal!
Chris I

TheSpeights said...

I know Greg gets tired of seeing my face pop around the corner of his cube with the "how did the appointment go" face on. I pray for you guys all the time. I'm so glad you found a fantastic doctor! Praise God! I want to see you guys again soon! If we can't do dinner, I say we have lunch again. Love you four!

-Court

Jill K said...

Thanks for the update on you all.. we sure love you so much and are so glad to hear good news of your little man and you. And yes, YES for a smooth and speedy February!

Praying for you with hope and joy-
MJIMJ4