Monday, February 21, 2011

Tulips.

Because Maelee was born in the spring, because we had bright pink tulips in a vase with coffee beans in her room, because my favorite bouquet given to us after she died featured light pink tulips... because of this, tulips remind me of Maelee.

So last fall I bought a big stack of light pink tulip bulbs and Greg and I planted them around the bushes in the front of our house. We do not have green thumbs (sadly, my parents' master gardening skills did not auto-transfer to me) and I was worried we didn't plant them correctly.

But this week of gorgeous weather (I am currently wearing capris, flip flops and a tank top), has given me a little sight of coming beauty: our Maelee tulips are peaking out of the soil!

I'm not sure if or when they will fully bloom, but it gives me joy to see them. I'll make sure to post a photo of Maelee's tulips if we get any blooms. How great that such a beautiful flower will forever remind us of our girl!

-Heather

1 comment:

Jill K said...

Grether,

I've been trying to post a comment for a day or two but we're having some technical goofiness here....

This post is precious to us. Thank you for sharing your delight and connection to tulips with us... We would like to take that beauty into our hearts with you to remember and be inspired by/ for your girl. How good to have such beauty to remember her, your beauty.

We send you lots of love-