Thursday, March 31, 2011

Battle.

Please be praying for us in the next days and weeks...

April 1, 2010 was the last time we ever "saw" Maelee alive. We had an ultrasound that day. It was lovely. She sucked her thumb, we saw she had a good bit of hair, she was doing great. We were a couple of excited, naive parents.

Tomorrow is April 1, 2011. And we have an ultrasound in the morning. Our boy is moving as I type this which gives this momma hope and reassurance and joy! Yet as we gear up for our weekly ultrasounds, we still have many emotions to wrestle with. Since we don't have anything good to compare this pregnancy to (as my friend Heather often says), there is a constant battle going on in our hearts and minds.

And I think the battle just got way more intense.

So as this coming month approaches, we can't say enough how grateful we are for your support and prayers. I know that the Lord is right here with us and He can handle me even when I feel like I don't have the strength to be in battle.

Greg got home when I was typing the above and I thought a photo would be fitting. We went outside and across the street to take a few shots... beautiful budding trees are everywhere! And thanks to all the rain, the pollen isn't overwhelming. If you look closely, you'll see one of Maelee's tulip blooms in my cup (I salvaged one an animal bit off by putting it in my pretty cup). Our house is in the background.


And here is Greg at 33 weeks... this is taken from where I was standing. Just to show you all the "real" look of where we live (I wouldn't want you thinking we live around only pretty trees!). You can vaguely see Bojangles (fried chicken place for you non-southerners) and the ghetto car dealership made of mirrors.... ah, yes, home sweet home!

What a great guy, eh?

Thanks for loving us through this battle we get to face, friends.

-Heather

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for y'all - as always!

Love you!

TheSpeights said...

I'm praying VERY hard for this little man, for the ultrasounds over this next month, for your nerves and for rest. I had a great time seeing you at lunch. I know I'll get to squeeze on that little man very soon. Keep us updated.

Love you four
-Court

Amanda said...

You, Maelee, and your new little boy are in our daily prayers.
God bless you all.
Boyeff's

Let Love Grow said...

Battling with you Grether!!

Lauren said...

It's good to see that Greg is holding up well during the pregnancy. 33 weeks in and he doesn't look like he's gained a pound! ;-) Always praying for you!
Josh and Lauren

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers this month!
The Molinaros