Monday, March 14, 2011

Obituary.

Grandpa's obituary is posted on the Dickinson Press web site here for anyone that would like to read it. But they need a Greg (a proofreader) as there are quite a few errors (I'm pretty sure my sister doesn't live in New Mexico).

It's a sweet obituary for a sweet, simple, quiet man. Something you wish you never have to see as a parent is the "preceded in death by" section with your daughter's name listed. It's bittersweet. I'm grateful her precious name is there, she's very much a part of our family. And I so anticipate the day when the little man's name can be added to the list of living great-grandchildren.

Sidenote: our appointment this morning went well and the little man seems to be doing great. He has continued to move consistently and that makes his parents very thankful.

So even though I'm enjoying beautiful spring weather with flip-flops, sunglasses, and blooming trees... I wish Columbia was nestled in southwest ND right now. I'll take it - blizzard and all! I'll be thinking of you, family, in the next days as you honor Grandpa.

-Heather

2 comments:

Christina Jungels said...

Thinking of your entire family as you celebrate your Grumpa's life. Your blog is awesome! Praying for peace and it's great the memories you can hold onto.

Love,

Christina

Jill K said...

Heather, what beautiful words (and photos!) you've posted for us all to be able to join with you in recognizing God's grace to you to give you such a Grumpa and such a family. We love you and are praying for your whole fam at this time...