Friday, April 1, 2011

Dr. Heather.

The little man is doing well according to our ultrasound this morning! By God's grace, our boy moved consistently throughout the night and did great for the nurse today too. They checked a lot of things (insert medical terminology here). All I remember was he was good, most definitely a boy, and he had his little hands in front of his face, just like his sister did.

Our friends Heather and Marc had an appointment at the same time this morning so it was super fun to have friendly faces to joke around with throughout the hour. I'm pretty sure the office didn't know what hit 'em with the Heathers there at the same time! Yikes! Four very happy parents walked out of the office because both our boys were doing well!

But the funniest part of the morning was our doctor calling me "Dr. Heather" and jokingly calling me out on my lack of medical training. I am always asking random, often silly questions and being hyper-sensitive (somewhat justified, but really folks, my sister got all those medical genes so I am quite pathetic at even basic health knowledge) and they always answer them patiently and understandingly. But today when I mentioned my blood pressure was too low (102/76) and assumed he would agree with me, he highlighted (in a funny way) that I'm probably not the best person to determine what is a good BP for me to have! Snap. Dr. Shipley 1, Dr. Heather 0.

And hearing him say 4 weeks is it... ah, that makes me very, very happy. 4 weeks or less!

So we are asking and pleading that the Lord would not allow us to lose another baby in April. After our ectopic pregnancy child (in 2008) and then Maelee (in 2010) both going to heaven in the month of April, there is a deep yearning to add joy to the sorrow, to bring home a beautiful, live little boy this April 2011. Sigh. Won't that be beyond wonderful?

-Heather

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yes! That would be beyond wonderful :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that your son is doing great! I agree it will be wonderful!
-Ireland

Jill K said...

Grether,
We are praying for you in the battle and so glad you are beginning this month with laughter, joy, good reports and a great ETA and sweet friends. Praying, Trusting with you.
And celebrating and grieving...
Oh we love you three. Oh we miss you Maelee.