Saturday, October 1, 2011

Autumn Spices.

Happy Autumn, friends. What an awesome season. My favorite colors are all the rage. Jeans and sweatshirts are a possibility. The leaves are beginning to turn. We actually want to be outside because the weather in Columbia has transformed into downright gorgeous. And you can add pumpkin to everything.

I found some pumpkin spice bread BOGO at Publix this week. It's yum. Of course I could be awesome and make my own, but I am not that awesome yet. I had a slice today while enjoying some fitting seasonal apple cider this afternoon in my Maelee mug (the cherry pattern reminds me of her, of an outfit I had for her). Again, I could make my own apple cider spice mix but since high school I have loved Aspen Mulling Spices. It is fall season in a cup.

Go get some. Try a nifty gifty shop in your area, often they have it. Add it to apple juice, warm it up. You will love it. You will want to curl up with it.


Now all I need is to break out the molasses and get baking some ginger snap cookies...

-Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it sad that I am feeding my one year old that bread for her dinner?