Monday, October 31, 2011

Door Decor.

I've been slightly obsessed with Pinterest these days. But I told myself I had to actually try/create/do things from there versus just drooling over other people's great ideas. I finally finished my first pinned DIY craft, a lovely monogram for our front door. It would have been loads easier if I would have kept my maiden name, the angles in the "K" were hard to keep straight. Eventually I said "oh bother" and let my perfectionism go and allowed it to be a bit off.

I have to go get a 3M hook for our door to hang it on... but I did put it up there to snap a quick photo for you to see:


To create this, I followed a blogger's tutorial here. I also varied from the original and added leaves versus a bow above my felt flowers. I heart felt. I heart felt so much that you just may get some sort of felted thing for a Christmas present. So fun, this felt.

And yes, I did burn my finger on that blasted glue gun tip. 

Now go, be inspired to do something crafty! 

-Heather

UPDATE: It looks better with a good hook. And a really adorable kid below it:



1 comment:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

That's cute! I *LOVE* my married name! (Davies is sooooooooo much easier to get people to write correctly than Gillette.) I think a D would be kinda cute for our front door or front wall.....