Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wha-lah.

I broke out some awesome today.

Why? A few reasons.

1. Eli had a great night last night. He woke up refreshed as did his parents. And with my extra energy, I made some food and took some photos.

2. Our good friend is sick. And in the southern tradition, I wanted to make her a meal. Note to self (okay, it's not self if I'm blogging about it): keep that tradition no matter where we live. It is such a blessing to have a meal made for you. In much of our suffering and some of our joy, folks have given us food. It makes you have warm fuzzies about people, humanity even. We all need some kindness, why not serve it up on a platter (or more realistically, tupperware)?

3. Pinterest. This blasted, sweet site has got me all distracted (thanks Linnea). If you don't know about it, basically you can "pin" images from any web site or "re-pin" from others on to your own little bulletin boards (that you create). I have boards like "someday I will buy this" and "someday I will eat this" and my newest "someday I will make my mom do this". Think recipes and do-it-yourself projects and design ideas and party things etc etc... an organized inspiration market if you will. I have only spent a few hours on this, but I've gotten all "I want to be more awesome" in those few hours.

4. Because of aforementioned site and links people post on facebook, I've come to realize there are a plethora of awesome blogs out there. Most of the ones I drool over involve recipe posting or crafts or photography or loving Jesus... but man, there are just some stinkin' awesome, creative, talented people out there. And I'd be lying if I said a little part of me felt disappointed, a little Brando-like "I could've been somebody", in dreaming that I'd could have been like the Pioneer Woman, etc. Yes, the pressure to be awesome after looking at just a few sites hit me. Frankly, there are way too many awesome blogs, I get overwhelmed looking at them all and just end up wasting time! For me, though, for now, I thought I could at least do little bits of awesome here and there, do what I can with what I have been given.

This all has resulted in a recipe post in the making and a few hours at Joann's Fabric/Craft store today... on top of me actually showering before noon, meeting up with Greg for lunch, a nice visit with a friend and some errands. Whew. 

Tomorrow I'll do my go-to soup recipe post for you. But to tie you over, this morning I had a super cute onlooker during my meal prep:


He is not old enough to be my taste tester, but someday perhaps!

-Heather

PS- If you'd like, I'll send you an invite to join Pinterest and start your own time-depleting yet highly-inspirational site, just let me know.

No comments: