Friday, October 21, 2011

Punkin.

I like pumpkin too, buddy, but not like this! First thing Eli does when something touches his hand: object goes direct for mouth.
  I bought two pumpkins. One for Eli and one for Maelee. Since I made her a pumpkin last year, we thought we'd keep this tradition. I bought these two and Greg said Maelee should get the bigger one 'cause she would be older.
 But then Eli dropped his little pumpkin and broke off the tip. Little brothers can be like that I guess.

Look at our big boy, holding on, reaching for the pumpkins! 

Eli loves to stand (when assisted, of course). Rolling over? Scooting? Crawling? Sitting all by himself? Not so much. But if he can be on his feet, he is quite happy. I think he'll be behind with the whole crawling thing. That's okay. As long as he's healthy, it's okay if he doesn't hit milestones right when he's supposed to.

Seeing Eli in overalls makes me want him to be a farmer. Maybe he'll be our rural, earth-loving boy. He's got farming in his genes... perhaps!

-Heather

2 comments:

karlea said...

James was like that too, wanting to stand all the time before doing anything else. We bought him the Jumperoo when he was probably way to small for it so that he could stand / jump to his hearts content without us having to hold him. He still uses it (at 15 month old!)

Anonymous said...

Ronnie is just like that too! She loves to stand. I think she's going to skip crawling and go straight for the walking. When are you visting in MN? Would enjoy seeing y'all. Thanks for the ebates tip - I'm totally signing up (and using you as a referral). I pretty much do all my shopping on the internet.
Teresa