Monday, April 2, 2012

Cupcakes Again.

Two of the pages in Maelee's album were the cupcake photos people sent me last year. Cupcakes have always been a favorite of mine (I used to have a tiny pink bike with cupcakes on the seat) and they continue to remind me of my sweet daughter in heaven.

I'm not sure what Maelee's birthday will look like in the years to come but we'll make sure cupcakes are a part of the day. So if you want to celebrate Maelee this week, have a cupcake in her memory.

We'll probably buy some cupcakes from our downtown cupcake-only bakery - super delicious and very gorgeous. Last night my boys brought me home some pink tulips from the grocery store... since my home-grown ones didn't make it to a vase. I think Eli will learn early that his momma likes pink tulips! I'll also be buying a pink balloon or two for Eli to play with and then Friday we'll let him release it. These are a few of the ways I've thought to keep remembering her and celebrating her this first week in April. I don't want to go overboard and have too much, but a few simple things are needed and right.

And to make it better: my parents arrive tomorrow! Not only will they be here for Maelee's birthday and Easter, but they will get to spoil Eli silly. Both Greg and I are ready to have a set of grandparents around to love on Eli. He's so fun right now... most especially when he has your undivided attention! We are looking forward to a special week with them.

-Heather

2 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Funfetti cupcakes have been made and shall be eaten!

Happy birthday sweet Maelee Linn!

Amanda said...

Thinking of you this week! Lots of prayers from Fargo, as always.
Love, the Boyeff's