Saturday, April 21, 2012

Eli the Elephant has a PARTY!

First off, read my post from last Wednesday so you know some of the reason why I went ALL OUT and WAY OVER THE TOP for Eli's first birthday party.

Got it? Good. Okay, now here are some of the details of the day. I'll post more photos of the friends and fun we had later. Because we did have lots of fun! The weather was wonderful. The kids were adorable. Everything was great.

Here's the Eli shrine display. The best is the 1-11 month photo garland (I took a photo each month of the little man). I did the yarn letters but they wouldn't stand up so I had to use Eli's elephants for support. My orange tulips that were in the blue vase died this morning - whoops. So I stuck an elephant in there, too. The vest is from December but the two outfits are his newborn size. It's so crazy to think he wore those once! Plus his orange/blue shoes that usually stay on his crib:
Love watching this boy grow!
Greg designed a little "1" elephant for his invite so we used that throughout. We made labels for the water, orange powerade, propel... turned out so cute:
This was above Eli's high chair and boy did he like to look at them:
More elephants... and an Eli is One banner:
Loved this idea of a "one" made of photos throughout his first year (via Pinterest). We had a build your own sandwich bar plus blue and orange chips and carrots and dip (are their blue vegetables?):
Fruit kabobs but only with blue and orange fruit (grapes, blueberries, cantaloupe). And cupcakes and candy (all blue and orange, of course)!
The cupcake toppers (yep, I made everything):
We had an elephant craft that I'll post about later (the finished product is awesomely cute):
Five of Eli's friends were small enough to sit in bumbos... so we had a whole section for them!
Luke is showing off his elephant shaped peanut butter sandwich!
Eli looked really cute all day!
He enjoyed his cupcake... and his elephant bib I made:
And the onesie I made that I thought was going to be a bomb actually turned out super cute! Aren't you proud, Mom? I sort of sewed.
Pin the trunk on the elephant game... the kids weren't quite the right age but it was still fun!

Buckets of peanuts? Now they were a HIT with the kids. They could come and scoop some up, bring them outside... loads of fun. And yes, I did make sure there were no peanut allergies.

Eli's favors for his friends were bottles with goldfish for the big kids and blue/orange sunflower seeds and circus peanuts for the babies (for their parents, of course, since they don't eat anything yet!).
My talented friend Cindy made these for Eli, how perfect are they?!

We had a great time - wish you could have joined us! More photos to follow!

-Heather

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are your mother's daughter! Way to go on Eli's birthday...it was amazing! Wish I could have been there....great Aunt Ruthie

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Awesome party momma! Love the elephant theme with the Bumbo Section. :D

Anonymous said...

Ali says it looks awesome and she wants to know if there are any leftovers??!! Since I think I got Dad's talents Eli's party in MN won't be quite so fancy! Can't wait to give you a hug! Am and Ali

Rebekah said...

I hereby hire you as the official party planner for every event in every one of my chldrens' lives from now until they are married...
Awesome party!! You are amazing.