Sunday, January 20, 2013

Umption.

Tonight I got the umption to get the photos off my old phone and see what gems I could find. Umption = word of the day! I had umption for the first time this weekend in such a long time... since before we left for ND. I wore my contacts today for the first time in weeks since my pink eye is finally gone and besides a little cough at night, I'm back to healthy! I cleaned from morning 'til night yesterday. Awesome.

Anywho, back to the photos. I have a little tradition to take a photo of us and all our luggage when our driver (ha! sounds like we are rich and famous) drops us off. It doesn't always happen (darn you stressful moments and police laws etc) but Dori managed to get this one in December. Two 50 (okay, 50.5 and 51) pounders, two super plump carry-ons, two backpacks, us, a stroller and an Eli! 


Some shots from our trip to MN in November (it's all about keeping him fed and entertained):

I have no idea where this hat went because he got a reallllly cute one from G & G K. Also, everybody loves cousin cousin Emily! Such a doll.

Here's Eli's new hat. So awesome. Also, overalls are darn cute.

And here is Eli one day a few months ago when he found the laundry pile of his blankies (he's got four). He rolled around in them in pure ecstasy. It was hilarious and a move understood only by other blankie-lovers (like Vivi).

Here's a photo to make you laugh. My dad bought Greg a new air compressor and nailer when he was here in November. He wanted a certain gauge nail for it but couldn't find it. I found this old dude and those two spent quite a few minutes trying to find that certain size box of certain size nails. The funny part is this dude had to have been older than my dad. He was old. And couldn't see. And it was funny. Okay, maybe you had to be there.

But be glad you weren't there on Black Friday at 4:45am which is when my dad and I got there to get our flooring and a new Christmas tree. Thanks, Dad, for an actually fun experience standing in the (SC) cold way too early in the morning! It was my first get-up-early experience and it wasn't bad... we were in and out in a short time and we got what we came for! Us crazy Americans.

And some of the last photos on my new phone were in ND... here's Great Grandma with her teachable spirit showing two grandkids the finer art of sewing! Precious!
 

And here is THE best doughnut ever: a maple long john from the Donut Hole. Oh man, it was so, so, so good. Lilli had some chocolate number which I'm sure was good but really, chocolate ranks down there with sprinkles in my book (bad choice for a doughnut). Dunkin has a maple covered doughnut that I eat if we go there but it's really a sad, sad substitute for the real deal. Nom.


Now I won't get the joy of looking at random snapshots of our lives every four or five months when I purge the pics from my phone. My new phone takes much higher quality photos, however, and they can post lickity-split. So definitely better than this photo from September trying to take a photo of Greg in the movie theater to show we were the only ones there (can you spot him?!):


-Heather 

No comments: