Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Going Away.

Our little man is going through a lot with his sister's arrival and her consistent issues that take much of mom and dad's energy and attention. He's had some very "I'm Two!" moments as of late. We are learning that his love language is probably quality time. IF he gets to spend time with just one of us and we can focus on him for a bit, he is so much better behaved the rest of the day. He even eats better.

Yesterday all I wanted to do was accomplish stuff (oh my that list of things to do is so very long) but I could tell he needed me. So while Annalee was content sleeping (the last two days this hasn't happened as much), we just played around (which since this summer hasn't happened often, thanks big belly and broken foot). Eli just ate up all the attention and that 45 minutes with my (complete albeit tired) focus changed the rest of his day. I didn't realize how difficult having another child would be on the sibling that's used to plenty of one-on-one time. Of course Eli having to "share" us is so good for him in the long run.

Here's a few Eli-isms for you:

The last few times I've had to discipline Eli, he looks at me as he's running away and says "I'm going away!!" It's really funny and it's really hard not to laugh.

This happens numerous times a day:

Me: "Eli, what are you doing?"
Eli: "I'm whiiiining." (said with an extreme whine)

He loves the word beautiful. "What a beautiful day!" or "What a beautiful city!" or "Look at the beautiful fishes!". He really makes you smile and stop and agree that such and such really IS beautiful. Even if it is cold and rainy.

We hear "I want a snaack." and "I want breff-fast" (cereal) often. If only all food was a carb, he'd be golden.

Grandma and Grandpa left for China on Sunday for two weeks. Eli is obviously bummed. But he knows they are visiting family. When you ask "Who are they seeing?" he'll answer "Matt, Jill and COUSINS!" (he says this with excitement). Sometimes he'll name a few of the four, but rarely all four at once (too much for him I guess).

Last week Grandma said Eli's name and Eli corrected her "No - Lovebug". She calls Eli lovebug so much he thinks she should only call him that. Isn't that adorable?


Sweet little boy.
-Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I MISS HIM! And the rest of you guys, of course :)