Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hurry To See.

If you are friends with me on facebook, hurry on to see a few photos from our ta da Christmas Card Photo Shoot today. I forgot to tell the photographer not to post any until I figured out which one(s) would be on our Christmas card so they could be a surprise. Oh well. Just know if you get our Christmas card (which most of you should, if not, give me your address) you'll be seeing these photos again.

Greg and I both got 4-5 hours of sleep last night and we took the photos this morning. I was pretty exhausted and just hoping to find a pair of pants that fit me (pregnancy weight is still there folks). I wanted these photos to turn out (obviously) most especially because I'm usually not IN photos with the kiddos. I want to make sure when they look back on photos, they know I was there too! From the six on facebook, she got a few good ones in our short session today. I just have to let the whole double chin thing go. At least you can't tell my eyes are bloodshot! Oh vain me... why I'm striving to look so put together when our lives are anything but... well, it's pure vanity. Uff-da.

We really should have had a photo with the piles of laundry, stack of books and toys, suitcases unpacked, uncooperative kids, and me in my new bathrobe. That'd be a bit more accurate! But not as cute or fun to share, eh?

Another reason I was highly anticipating this photo session was to get a good updated us four photo. Besides the hospital, I don't think we've taken another family photo. I was going to have Maelee's bear in the photo but that didn't happen... just know that even though she's not pictured in our family photo, she's still there. Having family to take photos with = a gift.

Have I mentioned I really do love Christmas cards? Stationary, photos... two great things put together! I may not have my own fridge, but you better still send me a card!

-Heather

UPDATE: Here's the link to the photographer's facebook page that should show you the six photos of us in her Winter 2013 album: https://www.facebook.com/ashleyhavemanphotography

No comments: