Sunday, November 17, 2013

Which of the Six.

Annalee had a better night last night! We are still not where we'd like to be, but a longer stretch where she is content by herself is a huge improvement. If she can fall asleep after eating without fussing, that's a big step and she did that twice. Here's to hoping for good things this evening. I have first shift tonight... have I mentioned how grateful I am to have a husband that takes shifts?

Funny thing is if she does improve, we'll have to figure out which thing it is helping her! 

  1. Chiropractor. We are giving it three visits. Her next is tomorrow. 
  2. Thrush Meds. Her doctor last week prescribed them as she may have a slight case of thrush in her mouth...which could be causing some discomfort. 
  3. Probiotics. We gave her one dose of baby ones last night and again tonight... they didn't work for her cousin so we'll see how they work for her.
  4. Eliminating Dairy (me). I have stopped eating any dairy. It can take weeks for it to get out of your system but it should help if she does have a milk allergy. If/when she is better, I'll slowly add dairy back in and see how it affects her. I'll be starting with chocolate. Then butter.
  5. Letting Her Cry Longer. Sometimes she just needs to exercise her lungs. 
  6. Time. I do think she will get better as she matures. She won't be going to kindergarten colicky. Plus she just smiled at me which is awesome... perhaps this means she's feeling less yuck in her life.
I hope she gets "fixed" sooner rather than later, of course. These next weeks could be quite the challenge if she still keeps her mama and daddy up all hours. Since her birth, we've been spoiled with help from Greg's parents (making meals, laundry, housework, entertaining Eli, holding Annalee, etc). Today they left for China for two-and-a-half weeks. So now we'll get a taste of what life should really be like! I wonder how many days I'll be in my PJ's way too late?

Here's this sweetie earlier today wearing the outfit I wore home from the hospital:

Vintage is in.
She has gone from happy to sad in the time it's taken me to post that photo. No more smiles, only a mad desire for a binkie! Drama, drama!

-Mama that wants to go to bed but instead has two beady, beautiful eyes staring at me

No comments: