Friday, January 31, 2014

Booked.

Highlight of my week:

My sweet husband texted me saying he had a surprise for me. I love random, no-reason thoughtfulness so I was excited. He gave me a piece of paper: he booked me a ticket to spend a week in South Carolina in April (15th - 22nd). I will get to introduce Annalee to our friends! And meet at least one new baby (see below post)! And enjoy truly beautiful weather, the way spring was meant to be! And enjoy as much as I can of all that we miss not living there anymore! And finally, being back in SC shortly after Maelee's birthday will be a gift.

Since Greg has two days off over Easter, he figured he can watch Eli (and Grandma graciously agreed to watch him while Greg's at work the other days). He also went ahead and booked it without telling me because he didn't want me to spend any time comparing costs or airlines, etc. He knows me well. What a great gift! I am thrilled! I just wish the daddy and the boy were coming, too. I feel I can battle the drive to/from Fargo, two flights plus layover with a six-month old by myself, but definitely not with a three-year old added in the mix. Sorry bud.

Thanks, Greg, for this gift! South Carolina, here I come!

-Heather

No comments: