Monday, May 16, 2011

Food.

Eli smiles a lot right after eating.

Last night was the hardest as far as Eli not sleeping. He's actually been pretty good the last week. But last night was a rough one and I'm running on a few hours here. Please know that I'm grateful for my lack of sleep... it means I am responsible for this alive baby! It's not going to be easy (I so get why sleep deprivation is a means of torture) but I'm up for it. Literally! Ha!

I say that to say... I was going to make me some peanut butter toast for lunch. I burned the toast. Badly. And I was too tired to try again. It's just sitting on the plate all black. So I opened a bag of animal crackers, ate some of those, and sat on the couch. I'm not proud of this... I'm just prefacing the whole southern tradition of people making meals for you as one awesome thing.

Thanks to those that have expressed interest in making a meal for us now that our family is gone. Ya'll are sweet. Some friends created an online meal schedule thing so for the few of you that have asked, you can go here to view it and sign up if you are into this sort of thing. Our bellies thank you.

4 comments:

Jill K said...

so many good things to read to catch up with you here! Good job posting, gloriously tired mama!

grateful for your processing, your growing, your help, your pictures, your gifts, self control (you're right... not a ticket) your girl, your boy...

and I'm laughing at myself for all this shorthand, incomplete sentences, but I think you'll get it? it's my version of leaving the toast on the plate:)

sending you all lots of love from China!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I smile when my belly is full of something yummy too. Looks like Eli's been on a bender or something.... ;)

Kim Schell said...

I call that deliriously happy face after eating "the milk coma" :)

Anonymous said...

Greg and Heather,

We're thrilled beyond words over your Eli! He's such a handsome little guy and so so cute!

Love reading your new adventures, thank you for sharing them with us.

Love to all,
The Parkers (the doctor's parents...lol)