Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Grunter.

We have a nickname for our four-week old: The Grunter (mostly said with a German accent for additional amusement). He's full of grunts and noises. Normally this is fine and fun. However it can be a tad embarrassing when he is obviously grunting to get out a BM (like during Sunday's sermon). Also, his consistent noises are hard for the light sleeper in me as I'm still learning to sleep through those and awake only when he is really crying (not sure if that's attainable).

We love Eli and are blessed to have him (noises and all) for the past four weeks. Here's a video of some of his noises... if you want to spend one minute & nineteen seconds of your life watching it, go ahead!



Also to note: I have done this whole post typing with just my right hand while I hold this fussy boy in my left. I feel a bit more like a mother for accomplishing it. Grateful I have the use of both my hands normally... chicken scratch is so not time efficient!

-H

2 comments:

Nikole said...

I love it!

H did that once in church, accompanied by a large juicy fart. During a prayer. Needless to say, there were a couple rows of people whose shoulders were shaking due to being overcome by the Spirit. Or, I think that's what they would have said.

Congrats on a new step for your motherhood journey- blogpost typing with one hand! There are many other things you can do with one hand, you just don't know it yet...

TheSpeights said...

I LOVE it! I can't tell you how many days I typed emails with one hand. Isn't it awesome?! You are entering a world of the "I'm doing something with one hand and tending to child with the other all at the same time." It doesn't stop for a while. I still do it with Ella and she'll be 2 in just 2 more days (as you know!) I love the grunts and little movements they make. I taped Ella just lying on her changing table, in her crib, in the bouncy seat, on the play mat, in my lap..... just about anywhere she could go, I recorded it. It's so funny to go back and watch those videos now. I can't believe it's already been FOUR WEEKS! See! It goes by so darn fast you barely have time to take it in. Being sleep deprived doesn't help keeping all the memories in either. Pictures, pictures, pictures and video! Keep these posts coming! I love that little man!

-Court