Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hot Off The Press.

Photo taken less than 10 minutes ago!

Eli is doing better. His jaundice went way down which is wonderful... though since he's been off the light in the last hours he's gotten more yellow again. They'll check his levels again at 2pm. Because he got so dehydrated, he was on IV fluids plus I was breastfeeding and pumping and we were supplimenting with some formula as well. Basically a lot of fluids! And then we went off everything this morning after he was doing so well and are trying to just solely breastfeed (hoping my milk comes in full force today). He hasn't had as many wet or dirty diapers as we are hoping since then. It will be interesting to hear the results. But we are still hoping we may get to go home today.

He was a fussy boy last night so his momma and daddy are still very sleep deprived. Oh wow are we tired! Even with all this, it surely doesn't take away our joy or thankfulness for Eli's life. But it is hard. And all this craziness means I haven't checked my phone, email, blog or facebook except for once or twice. So apologies for the lack of response on my part!

But for all you in our hometown of Williston... you won't be able to check the blog or be online anyway with your crazy ice storm that leaves you without power, electricity, heat, gas! I guess I am starting to see why Greg's parents moved... and why my parents are moving. Ice storm in April. Good 'ol ND.

It's odd to think of all that going on while we are completely focused on getting Eli better. In fact, it's just odd to think life is normal out there for everyone else. I had the same thought last year after Maelee died - it made me mad to know life went on for others. Our life change with Eli here hasn't made me mad at the world at all... more like flabbergasted and excited and scared that this is our new life and desperately hoping we don't screw up!

We'll try keep you updated on our boy's status. But he did want me to tell you all that he thinks you're pretty great.

-Heather

1 comment:

Diane Kemp said...

Thanks for the update. We are praying. He is so cute with is shades on and little red hairs. Hoping you guys can get some rest at least while he is resting.

Love, Diane Kemp