Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Quack.

Kids are cute but when you add costumes, you make them even cuter! Having Eli here to dress up is like a little healing balm to my mama soul. Because like a good friend of mine said, Halloween is for kids and for people who have kids. Not great for those that are the in not-so-fun category of "wishes they had a kid". Last year I posted about how hard it was for us, how we holed up. This year we have Eli but that's not to say I still didn't struggle.

In fact, last week Eli and I went to Old Navy and they had a rack full of sweet, adorable strawberry costumes. 18-24 months size. With little green tights. I started to cry. I've usually been able to somewhat "manage" my grief when in public. But not that day. Eli and I had to go to the corner and call Greg and compose ourselves. Okay, Eli was fine. I was the one crying, missing Maelee, dreaming of what her chunky legs would have looked like in those tights, seeing her red hair with the strawberry top.

Last year I bought this duck costume on clearance in November. I was pregnant and so very scared of having this costume that wouldn't get used. But I bought it as a step of faith, of hope, that we would have a child duck this year.

We are grateful. And here are some photos of the most adorable duck. Ever.

Look at those legs!
Sweetest duckie ever!

 
Seriously, I wish you could have held him. So squishy and cute! 

"Get me out of this costume! No more duck please!" - Eli

I asked Eli to make a "I just saw a scary costume!" face.

-Heather 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetest duck ever!!!! And yes, I wish I could have held him!!! Love to you Kasowski's and the duckie...Aunt Ruth