Friday, January 20, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken.

I don't like e-mail forwards. Most of the time they make me groan. Sometimes the premise is good... like when you get one saying type out one of your go-to recipes and send it to the people on this list. But I still don't like that feeling, that pressure. I don't want to feel annoyed at my inbox.

But I do think knowing people's "go to" recipes would be helpful. Getting a meal on the table is important. And life is busy. And who has time to actually attempt all those recipes you've pinned on Pinterest? Okay, I actually do have some time and I have tried new recipes there, thankyouverymuch.

This recipe is similar to ones all over Pinterest, maybe even on there, who knows. I got it from my trusty Kasowski Family cookbook that my MIL put together a few years ago. Have I mentioned before that I LOVE family recipes and cookbooks? Just love them. Well-loved, well-tested recipes that are bound by family ties. I think this one comes from cousin Sarah.

It's easy. It uses Campbell's Soup... because 99% of my recipes do it seems... such a good midwesterner I am.

Crock Pot Chicken
Ingredients

4-6 Chicken Breasts (or around one pkg)
1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8oz block of Cream Cheese
1 cup Chicken Broth (or white wine)

Stick your chicken in the crock pot, it can even be frozen. Sprinkle the packet of Italian Dressing Mix on top of it. In a separate bowl, mix together the two cans of soup and the cream cheese... it's sort of gumpy mushy mixture. Pour (or really, drop) mixture on top of the chicken. Then pour the cup of chicken broth over that. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (or more, it's pretty forgiving). Then shred the chicken with two forks (this takes awhile). Stir it all up so it absorbs all the yummy sauce.

Make some angel hair pasta and serve the chicken mixture on top with a little Parmesan cheese. Serve with a salad. And some garlic bread. And if you are feeling crazy, you could add some veggies into the chicken mixture (like broccoli or something like that).

Here's a couple photos to show you how easy it is... and to show you the Italian Dressing Mix comes in a box with four packets and can be found by the ranch packets in the salad dressing isle. This is a pretty key ingredient so don't mess that up.


NOT cream of celery like I have shown here, it's cream of chicken, folks!!

Gumpy. That's a word, right?

Granted, it does not look very yummy pre-crocked.

But over some pasta, it's sure tasty! Shown here is the whole wheat ubber healthy pasta... but you can go old school to make it really yum.




Now you can go enjoy an easy crock-pot meal.

You're welcome.

-Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We" have to start working on an update for the family recipe book. It would be great if we could add some pictures to it. I have some editing to do on the first one (DUH!) and some recipes to add. Thanks for sharing this. Love to you, Mom K