Friday, January 13, 2012

Grabby.

I was hoping to post an update of our family saying something like "we are doing great... feeling so much better!" and give you happy photos of three healthy people in a nice clean house void of Christmas decor. 

But, sadly, that is not the case. Eli is doing better. He doesn't cough as much and his nose is returning to normal but he is getting in a top front tooth (I felt a little poke up there yesterday) so we are dealing with a few other "symptoms" with that!

Greg and I are sick of being sick. I assumed earlier this week we were on the tail end of this cold but shockingly it's still here and going strong. I don't remember colds lasting so hard, so long and being so tiring. Blasted viruses! I told Greg on the phone just now "I feel like someone is banging my head with a bat under water" which is basically a headache on top of this sinus stuff.

Needless to say, we are anxious to be healthy again. And one perk about being sick? When you do finally feel better, you are certain to be thankful for your health! And productive! I can't wait to be productive again. And get outside and interact with people again.

Enough complaining. 

Eli is in his "grabby" stage. He reaches and grabs and lunges towards anything and everything he wants to get his hands on. And if you aren't watching... he just may grab something you weren't expecting. Like my napkins piled on the table a little too close to Eli's chair earlier this week:

"I can help set the table. I'll start with this napkin here for me..."
"Gosh, Mom, these napkins are FUN!"

-Heather

No comments: