Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Colds and Photos.

I am sitting here with tired, sore eyes. A reflection of my body right now. I have a silly cold and on top of that some weird sort of pulled muscle in my neck and left shoulder that has progressively gotten worse since Saturday.

I'm wondering what it looks like to be graceful when you are sick. To be loving. To not be a little mamby pamby and whine and whimper and complain. Oh that I would be refined to be a graceful person even when I am feeling most crappy.

Even worse for me is that my boy is sick, too. And it's so hard to hear him cough and then immediately cry out "ouch that hurt" (my interpretation). He looks at me with those sad watery eyes "Mom, why don't I feel well? Make it better!" and I feel horrible that I can't do anything. There are many lessons here.

And now our great daddy and husband got the cold bug, too. He's already sleeping on the couch and it's only 7:30pm. These are the times I wish he had actual sick leave... 'cause I know 8am is going to come too fast for him.

All that to say, we are ALIVE! We are living. We are together. We have so many things to be thankful for, so many things we've been given, so much we don't deserve. And by God's grace this cold will go away and we will be back to healthy again. Soon. Please.

Oh, and one more thing to be thankful for: we caught colds while in MN and not the nasty flu that my family had two days before we arrived. I'll take our annoying coughing over puking any day! Right? I know you agree with me.

I did want to share some photos of our time in Minnesohta.

 Family photo! Ali needs to get taller or Jaysen needs to bring the camera lower, she's just barely peeking over the edge. And my dad? Who knows what he's up to here.

 WALLEYE. I love it almost as much as my niece.

 Jaysen. Our good friend.

 It's really hard to get photos of Ava smiling. She's not a smiler or a stay-in-one-placer. But when I plopped Eli down for the photo on her lap, she looked somewhat happy to be in control for that moment. Then I think she pushed him off.

 Three cheers for three smiles from three cousins on three chairs!

 Can't resist the matching pajamas! And Ava is somewhat smiling because I took like 30 photos of this. New camera = crazy lady.

 Godparents!

 The Lippert Family.

 Ava was playing then promptly decided to sit on Eli. It was pretty funny though as you can see, Eli was not happy and was trying unsuccessfully to push her off. 

 He picked the right letter to chew!

I just couldn't resist adding this photo. Aren't these just so amazingly cute?!

My sis and our kids on earth. Love.

And in case you are wondering we did bring a ton of clothes for Eli to wear and he wore most all of them. But somehow most all the photos I posted above include his argyle sweater. Go figure. In that case, I'll give you one more,  it reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...


Whew. I think it's time for bed.

-Heather

No comments: