Saturday, January 18, 2014

Choo-Choo.

Things I'm learning about myself through trains:

1. I don't like building stuff. Eli got this sweet track master Thomas the Train set from his grandparents and his uncle. I can build a circle. That's it. No twists or turns or two tracks...my brain just doesn't want to figure it out and my energy level refuses to try. This isn't looking good for when Eli gets into Legos. 

2. I like order. I get upset when said train is destroyed. I like it built and in working order and watching his three trains chugging down the tracks. But when the kid destroys it five minutes after completion, it ticks me off. Plus I can only handle a certain amount of time with chaos and mess, then order must be restored. 

3. I feel lots of mama love when Eli picks up his train pieces and puts them in the box. So maybe acts of service really is my love language. 

4. Even though I don't like building the train set, I somehow want Eli to have all the pieces in the set. I quickly walked through the train section at Target and realized I shouldn't walk through there again. He doesn't need them, I just have this weird compulsion to complete a set. It reminds me of how I wanted every Barbie in the  "Barbie and the Rockers" set. And how I want every wusthof classic knife. Sets should be completed!

5. I don't think cartoons should be that lifelike. We watched a few episodes of Thomas the Train for the first time recently and I think they are super weird. Those train faces are messed up. 

Who knew some toys could be so enlightening!

-Heather

No comments: