Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Keepin' It Real.

Not a stellar afternoon.

Trying to get Eli down for nap was frustrating (and he's typically a good napper so my expectations are high).

This conversation happened: 
Me: Big boys need their rest
Eli : I'm not a big boy, I'm a baby. 
Me: No, you are two!
Eli: I'm two-and-a-half. 

I laughed which did not help the situation. 

Later on... well these are the times I loathe pumping. I'll spare the details but while I was pumping little mister all-of-a-sudden-hates-naptime Eli came out of his bedroom where he was supposed to be peacefully napping, Annalee was screaming and I was trying to calm her and verbally direct Eli back to his bed (him ignoring and playing cars). While pumping. I spilled milk all over myself.

This was a text to Greg: Time for chocolate. Screw losing the last 5 pounds. 

Later on I was taking photos of me holding Annalee and during the review I noticed more than ever before the wrinkle forming next to my lip. Smile wrinkles I hope. But still. I don't want to be wrinkly yet. This led to an analysis of my gray hair. Big sigh. 

And to keep it more real... preparing supper tonight involved marinara sauce splattered all over.

See Mr. Wrinkle? Don't laugh at my serious face attempt. 

Add this to the house situation: we changed realtors. Found out we need to list the house way lower if we actually want it to sell this year. Meaning instead of our hope of breaking even when it does sell, we will be paying loads. Loads. Which makes finding a place here even harder. This is depressing, frustrating stuff. 

In case you have the notion my life is tidy, I think this proves otherwise. My inbox is full, I have ten to-do lists waiting to be combined (instead I'm blogging while pumping because it's all too much to tackle tonight and more fun to vent here). I did meet some lovely women this morning at a women's study so that was a definite plus for my day. But all in all, I am so ready for bed.  

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

-Heather

1 comment:

Katie said...

[sigh] i hear ya', girl. real life is so un-glamorous! so much of this phase of life is frustrating. i often tell oliver when he comes home from work...i feel like i'm constantly fighting either fear or frustration all day long in this phase of life. two words that weren't even a part of my regular vocabulary 5 years ago. hmmhmmprekidshmmhmm anyway, i also read lamentations 3 yesterday and full on started crying upon reading this gem (vs 31-33) "For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men."