Monday, January 20, 2014

D, M, A.

Daddy, Mama, Annalee

Thanks for taking this photo, Auntie Amy! Remembering to take a just-Annie photo for the win! Actually big bro was too busy with his Uncle Andrew to care about a family photo. I bought this outfit for Annalee, payed too much for it but couldn't pass its cuteness up. And since it's three-months size, she's going to outgrow it too quickly! Seriously, me-oh-my it's cute. Also bows are happening now...



Oh yes I did. Thanks dear sweet Lawrences for the bows!

An update on our little A:

  • She's still a urper, puker, spitter-upper, erupting volcano. When we don't give her the meds, it's worse. If you hear a burp, get covered. All the burp cloths she got for Christmas are coming in handy.
  • She's still a 0-60 kind of gal. She can be happy as a clam, cooing and grinning, then so quickly be screaming at the top of her little lungs. We laugh because we are scared.
  • But when she's cooing at you, it's so, so adorable! And those smiles make her mad moments less maddening.
  • She's getting more aware of her surroundings and of her hands. Currently she's laying on the play mat (dubbed "The Other Beast" by Eli) and she's actually holding on to one of the toys like a big girl! She also loves holding on to fabric/blankets/toys which Eli never did.
  • She has been continually sleeping well as long as she's swaddled. She will usually wake up once to eat then back to sleep. Last night she was up twice, though, so who knows. We really need to transition her from her rock-n-play to the crib but we are hesitant because the crib is in our room and she's noisy. Soon. We also have to buy bigger baby straight jackets.
  • Somedays she eats a ton, other days not. Even with all her spitting up, she's still gaining and getting chunky. She moved into size two diapers last weekend.
  • She may just have Daddy's gene pool big ears. One of them seems to be sticking out more than the other more and more... sorry sweetie! But you can always cover them with your massive amount of red hair!
  • She knows me (and so far maybe I'm her favorite) but Daddy, Grandpa, and big bro are also favs. She likes to watch Eli and all his movement. She usually only likes Grandma if I'm not around. That'll change quickly I'm sure.
  • Her favorite color is purple. Kidding, I have no idea. I actually really don't love purple so if that's her color, I suppose I'll have to swallow my dislike for it. 
  • She does love her binkie, the soothie kind. I wonder if she'll stick with this or move to thumb or blankie or nothing...
  • She's definitely not our first child. I have no official schedule with her and I don't freak out about that one iota. Pretty sure with Eli I was always trying to get us on, or back on, a schedule. Oh well.
I am still pumping every three hours during the day. I am not loving it but more than half-way to the goal of making it six months. I try occasionally to get her to latch. She laughs in my face. Sigh. She's worth all this work!

-Heather

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love seeing her smiles!!!! And those bows are so cute :)

Rebekah said...

Adorable doesn't even begin to describe this baby girl! Oh, I want to meet her!!!!