Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jaundice.

It's been a hard day for this momma. It started out with a bit of a rough sleepless night for me, then a trip to the hospital to get his blood drawn that took waaay to long b/c of silly paperwork not working, then the phone call saying we needed to get Eli into the Children's Hospital like now. That's just a lot to process!

And it's hard... oh so hard... when there are unknowns. I want Eli to live and thrive. So even though I know jaundice is really normal it's still very scary to me. It's hard, so hard, to see my boy in pain. Being pricked over and over, having IV's in him, not getting to hold him... ugh! Add to this my fear of losing him too... oh it's just not easy!

I'm so grateful for our little man, that he IS alive and mostly healthy and that we live in a place where we can get great care very easily. And he is getting better! His numbers went down a bit which is AWESOME.

I won't go into the details 'cause I don't have time but we most likely will get to go home Monday. We are hoping even tomorrow if things keep progressing, but we'll see. I'm hoping my milk comes in ASAP, too.

So I've been an emotional wreck all day! Yikes! What a way to spend our 6th Anniversary! Thank You Lord for such a rock awesome hubby and daddy! Love love love the little man's daddy!

-Heather

7 comments:

Kim Schell said...

I love his glowing hair! Glad his numbers are getting better!

Ashley said...

Sweet Eli - praying for you all to be home and healthy soon!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying and hope you get to be home soon.
-Chris I

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I think all 4 of us kids had jaundice too.

I'm with you though, you just brought him home and now he's back in the hospital! Oi!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for little Eli, that his jaundice will resolve quickly. Also praying lots for you, Heather. I'm sure you've had such a rollercoaster of emotions! Praying that your milk comes it soon - the more he eats, the more he poops and that will help get all that bilirubin out! My midwife told me to make sure I slept whenever the baby slept in the beginning and that would greatly help with my milk coming in and with milk production. Momma's gotta get rest too!

Anonymous said...

That kid is darn cute! Hang in there Mom and Dad - try get some sleep. Am

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sunglasses picture. I was hoping to see one of those. I know it's hard to not be able to hold the wee one when he's 'tanning' but glad his numbers are dropping! Hang in there and hopefully you are all on your way home soon! Get some sleep momma! Eli is so very cute!!!
Take care!
Erin