Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ball.

Eli knows a few words. And by few, I mean three. There are at least a quarter of a million distinct words in the English language (thanks Google) so these three Eli has chosen must mean a good deal to him.

One of his few words is ball. It's his very favorite thing. If you ask Eli "where is your ball?", he will gladly find one for you. And usually he will say "ba" when he finds it and clap for himself on his great accomplishment of finding said ball. He will usually bite the ball, too. If Eli's up for it, he'll roll it around or toss the ball. And no, I haven't figured out if he's got Greg or my athletic talent (for his sake, oh let him be just like his daddy!).

In honor of Eli's favorite toy, I am posting this video taken almost a month ago when we were in Minnesota. Ava (who is seven months older than Eli) and Eli were "playing ball". You can see Eli biting/licking the ball and eventually Ava copying him, realizing that when you play ball with Eli, that's part of the game. Funny kids.

I didn't want to make the video public, so here's the link to watch it: http://youtu.be/mxk7_m6sZpA


-Heather

PS - I would post more videos but they take a long time to upload and I find that annoying. Sorry.

2 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

He looks a bit distraught at the end that she's licking his toy ball!

Anonymous said...

I love that he has absolutely no control of his arms and what they do. It's hilarious! :)
- Auntie Amy