Saturday, June 16, 2012

These Days.

The weather here has been unseasonably mild these past days and we have loved spending time out on the lawn, relaxing on a blanket. Eli likes to feel the wind in his face and scrunch his little nose. Ah, late spring. You are lovely.
"I love Ba" / ball time
Signing for "more"
Massive Kasowski hands are good for one-handed ball fun.
Still unsure of grass, figured out a way to minimize contact.
I told him the yogurt was all gone. This was his response.
Don't leave the little plastic piece out of the sippy cup. Good thing our carpet isn't new and good thing for Norwex!

Tonight we had a special event. One baby loss family had an event tonight honoring their son, Finn, who would have been two on Friday. They invited a few other families to join them in doing a candle lighting and balloon release. It was gorgeous out and such a sweet time. We so rarely have something on our schedule that is there because of Maelee. Oh how we miss our sweet girl and ache for her to be in the back seat with Eli.
Maelee's Balloon - the little heart represents our first baby (lost to ectopic pregnancy)

Eli wouldn't let his sister's balloon go...

I made this rainbow onesie for Eli to wear since he's our rainbow boy. I tried making it as manly as a rainbow can possibly be! I think it turned out darling.

My friend Heather told me this week how hard it was to see her rainbow boy swinging with two empty swings next to him, instead of his big twin sisters filling the seats. Then tonight I walked over to Eli swinging, wishing his sister was using up the other seat, too.
Oh but he had fun!
The first of, I daresay, many family photos with someone's finger in their nose. I think someone else got a better shot, hopefully.
Our Kasowski candle, lit in memory of our babies.

Ah, a good week.

-Heather

1 comment:

Heather Ann said...

I randomly stumbled across your blog today and I am so, so glad that I did. I've come back to this post several times to leave a comment, not sure if I should, and finally felt that I just had to. I know this might be odd coming from a complete stranger but I was very touched by your story. As a new mom myself, I admire your strength in a situation that I can't honestly say I would have been able to handle. I like to think that, as a Christian, I would be able to trust God and find peace with His plan if I were in your shoes.. but I don't know that I could have. You are truly an inspiration.. to me and many others, I'm sure. Thank you for sharing your story.. without even knowing you, I feel so happy for your happiness. Praying for you and your beautiful family!