Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nifty Gifty, Leafy Fun.

I would like some gift recommendations from you. What is your favorite thing? What are those items that are actually worth accumulating? What do you own that you would want other people to have? I have a list of some of our favorite things that I think would make fantastic gifts. I also have a few great gift ideas that encourage giving something back or giving with purpose. But before I get that long post together I thought I'd ask you for your ideas.

This goes for anything (if anyone gives me a Greg-worthy gift idea, you'll get 10 gold stars) but especially kid stuff. There are a TON of toys and things for kids out there (mind-blowing really) and I would rather get Eli (and our family) a few really wonderful items that will last versus a plethora of nominal stuff.

Get your thinking caps on and let me know.

Now onto some photos of the cutest little boy I know. I love foliage. I really, really do. So it makes no sense that I haven't packed up Eli and stuck him on a pile of gorgeous assortments of reds, yellows and browns. I am shamefully admitting I haven't taken any photos of him with leaves until today. Where have I been? I can't even begin to think of all the missed leaf photo opportunities this past month. Doh. Thankfully a couple trees across the street are still sporting a lovely deep red hue.




Greg wanted to put Eli's feet "in the sand" (our version of dirt) and thought he would love the feeling of it in his toes. It was so under-whelming. No reaction whatsoever from our boy. I guess Eli has already admitted his skin is not meant for the beach.

-Heather

4 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Last year Glenn and I found a photo frame for his mom that had space for 2 photos. The wording on the frame? "My greatest blessings in life call me Nana". She's Nana, my mom is Gramma. I found a good photo of Evan and one of Erina and printed them off in black and white. She was speechless when she opened it and had a tear in her eye. I told her I had a color version of the phots if she'd like and she said no, the black and white was fine.

It sits proudly on her sideboard for all to see.

Linnea said...

Greg: Kindle Fire (free book downloads monthly plus other awesome geekness), Phil is usually happiest with something that he wants specifically which no one in their right mind could guess. Like he wants these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00026Z3EA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER for changing the oil & working on the car. Sounds good to me! Power Tools are also great, because it allows him to be crafty. Also musical things, but only he knows exactly what he wants.

Kids: http://www.novanatural.com/2012-Catalog

or anything from Melissa & Doug on Amazon

I like this recent blog post: http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2011/11/the-best-toys-the-miniature-of-real-life.html

In general I like any present with multiple uses that allows people to create things or save money.

Linnea said...

Also, not sure if Greg would use a Pulse Smart pen or not but they are pretty sweet. It records lectures and notes simultaneously and makes studying way easier.

Linnea said...

Wait, I have another one! Build a life size hollow mold of Animal from the Muppets, fill it with boxes and boxes of Greg's favorite cereal and then make his arms the spout so when his arm comes down to hit the drum with a drum stick, cereal pours out into a bowl. Ok, I've been at work too long, I know. Have a great day!