Wednesday, September 18, 2013

To You on Your Birthday.

Here's a video of Eli singing "Happy Birthday" over and over for almost forty seconds, with a mind-blank "twinkle twinkle little star" thrown in there, too. I actually tried uploading other videos... none would work but this one I randomly picked did. So let's just say this video is for you, wherever you are, on your birthday, whenever that may be.



I need this joyful, singing boy today after a overwhelmingly stressful phone call from our insurance company/Greg's former employer. Turns out they made an error in letting us continue our coverage under our current plan. It's a huge, icky, no-sane-person-would-ever-want-to-deal-with-this mess. You never want to hear "I was really dreading calling you back." Uffda. I may or may not have had a breakdown. No idea how it's all going to get worked out, how we'll change plans right before I deliver, how much it's going to actually cost us... no idea. I am sure that we would be an excellent case study in insurance care. Some sort of worst-case scenario training game: what do you do with an exiting employee who elects family coverage and pays premium, but moves across the country with a wife mid high-risk pregnancy who also breaks her foot?

Yes, it's time for some more singing Eli today.

Happy Birthday to you, whatever day out of the 365 is your special day, friend. 

-Heather

2 comments:

JHSummerlin said...

How adorable!! I never leave a comment but this is just too precious!! Keeping you all in my prayers!! Joanne Summerlin

Anonymous said...

Love will see us through all these challenges, Heather! We have sweet Eli who may even be able to sing, a new darling Tootsie almost here, and my house almost liveable....the rest we will deal with as it comes.