Monday, September 16, 2013

10.6.13.

We had a busy weekend. I didn't do really anything productive. Partly because it takes too much effort to do so and partly because we were having fun with family. Fun trumps to-dos. My Auntie Ruth came to help out with Eli on Friday (he loved the attention) and then Chris and Lilli showed up that night for the weekend (which to Eli is like the fun train showing up). Saturday morning the Lindvig crew came for a few hours on their way to a wedding. Let the photos of Alexia and Grace through the years begin!

Two sisters with their daughters and their granddaughters.
Cousins Chillin'

I have a long, cutesy Eli post coming. I'm going to try to get video of him to get on here because photos just can't do him justice right now. He's so hilarious and a constant stream of entertainment. I find myself watching and listening to him on the video monitor as he's heading to bed because he's talking or singing to himself. It's so freaking adorable I just want to barge in there and hug him.

Baby Update:

Friday was a good day. Baby was active during the ultrasound and nst tests. Also I switched doctors within the practice. I had seen this guy before and liked him and I haven't been jiving with my other doctor. I feel much more comfortable with this guy, like I can be completely honest and share my crazy with him. I didn't go with him initially because he's young. Like age-of-my-husband young. In my head, I wanted my SC doctor, the grandpa who has seen it all and is amazing. But this young guy is on board, understands my blood clotting disorders and I feel comfortable with him.

But the biggest news is we have our induction scheduled: Sunday, October 6. It would have been Friday or Saturday but the hospital was booked (darn you crazy-busy North Dakota). I didn't want to hit 38 weeks that Sunday, but knowing I'll be in labor that day makes it better. I know it's silly, but knowing Maelee died at exactly 38 weeks on a Sunday makes me not want to go there. Now if anything looks questionable before then, we'll induce earlier (like with Eli). OR she could decide to come on her own! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

Regardless, we will see this girl on October 6, 2013. Exactly three-and-a-half-years after we held her sister on April 6, 2010. Oh friends, less than three weeks and we will have another daughter in our arms. There aren't quite words for that.

-Heather

No comments: