Thursday, September 5, 2013

Self-Portrait.


This is my self-portrait today. I have another two weeks of no-weight bearing, roller-aid using, boot-wearing life. But the great news is my foot is healing! And I will most likely get to ditch the roller-aid in two weeks and use my boot for walking! Boot walking sounds great to me...I can start doing lots more if I can walk, even with a boot. The world seems quite a possibility when you have an "end date" in mind, too. I had very low expectations at my appointment today, figuring my foot wasn't healing properly. So it was such a gift to know we are on track for this to heal up enough before baby arrives that I could potentially walk holding her (albeit with a boot, but I'll take it!). And just being able to say "okay, only two more weeks of rolling" and having someone do most everything for me and being so concerned about lack of blood flow... oh it lightens my heart to have an end date in mind. I won't be running any marathons in two weeks but let's be honest, I am not your marathon running type anyway.

As you can see from above photo, baby is very apparent. I'm at the weight I was when I delivered Eli. And I started out heavier then since I hadn't lost all the baby weight after Maelee. The last few weeks of not moving much have definitely shown up in those, uh, areas where my body likes to add some poundage. I'm still within the normal range and there has been no concern from my doctor, but it has been a little disheartening. Getting to be pregnant is such an amazing miracle that I'll take all this extra fluff. As long as I am bringing home a baby, it'll be worth the months (hopefully months and not years) of trying to fit back into normal pants.

And remember: if you need a good laugh, you only have two more weeks to see a large, pregnant woman half-rolling/scooting down the street.

-Heather

2 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

Praying you and baby up :-)

Rebekah said...

I wish I could see this pregnant lady half rolling half scooting down the street and give her a hug and help her out...